Ottawa SEO Workshop 2017
WORKSHOP THEME: Local SEO & Implementation
Get ready for two hours of intense, knowledge-packed information! During this workshop you will learn the basics of local search engine optimization, blogging techniques for better long-term rankings, and how to implement all of the learned techniques into your WordPress website. There will also be a question period for topics not covered in the workshop.
If you are a small business trying to make an online name for yourself locally, this workshop is for you!
RSVP to the Ottawa SEO Workshop Facebook Event for updates!
Why SEO Matters for Small Businesses
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most profitable Return On Investments (RIOs) that a small business can reliably count on when it’s done properly and consistently. There are companies out there that offer SEO services for your website that will do all the nitty gritty work for you (like me!), and there are plenty of things that you can DIY if you’re on the tech savvy side of things. This Local SEO Workshop will allow you to gain the knowledge to improve your website for purposes of showing up on the first few Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and for the very-important human visitors.
Local SEO Workshop Syllabus
By the end of the Local SEO Workshop, you will :
- Know how to make sure search engines like Google or Bing know your website exists.
- Know how to create meaningful backlinks to propel your business and your rankings.
- Know how to ensure ALL of your website’s content is optimized for being found in search engine results.
- Be aware of other valuable Online Resources for improving your website and monitoring the effect of the changes.
- Know how to implement all the knowledge you’ve learnt into your website.
- Q&A Period for those tough questions you’ve been dying to know, are too embarrassed to ask (send them privately and I will post them anonymously), or couldn’t find answers online.
You will leave the workshop with the required knowledge and confidence to improve your site, along with invaluable online resources. You will also have access to the VIP Facebook group, a space where you can ask all of your website & SEO questions, even after the workshop is over.
Ready to register? Let’s do this!
Not Quite? Here are some Workshop FAQs
- When exactly is it? Thursday, October 19 2017, from 7-9PM
- Can I really learn all of that in 2 hours? YES! While the two-hour time-slot will certainly be information-packed, you will have the means to use the information you learn during the workshop long after the training is over. Going back over your notes and making actionable tasks is the important part.
- Where exactly is it? The workshop is taking place in one of the boardrooms at CollabSpace, located at 70 Bongard Avenue in Ottawa.
- What is CollabSpace? This is a collaborative shared business space for Ottawa entrepreneurs to be able to enjoy having an office and meeting space, without the commitment to a daily commute or high monthly rent–a great option for those who need a change of scenery or a more professional place to meet clients. Members can use the office spaces, boardrooms, and tools & resources, as-needed. There is complimentary wifi and plenty of free parking for guests, as well as members.
- Can we bring our computers? You are encouraged to take notes, whether on paper or electronically, but please keep your activity directly related to the workshop content. It is best to save implementation for AFTER the workshop, and focus on making actionable lists during so you don’t miss anything (it will be a jam-packed workshop!). You can absolutely bring up your website on your screen during the Q&A period to ask the instructor for help for the remaining time.
- My website runs on SquareSpace, will I benefit from this workshop? Absolutely! While the implementation portion will be demonstrated within the WordPress platform, the majority of the information can be applied to any website, including on made with SquareSpace.
- Will you be giving us the notes at the end of the workshop? Regular ticket holders will have access to the Facebook group for asking questions after the training, as well as an email blast the day before with the full syllabus workbook so you can print it to takes notes along-side as we go through the course. The two VIP tickets also include a copy of all of the decks / slides, resource lists, and a large portion of the website work completed for them (hence the higher ticket price). If you would like to apply for the VIP ticket, please email stephanie@theSEOsquirrel.com
Can’t make it and want to stay updated on all things SEO? Signup for the newsletter!